The Incubation Centre of Cambridge Institute of Technology Ranchi called as ‘CIT-RISE’ is one of a kind centre in the state of Jharkhand that promotes Innovation, Entrepreneurships and Start-ups related activities. CIT-RISE is run and managed by Cambridge Institute of Technology, which is the first private-unaided Engineering and Management College established in the state of Jharkhand. Our institute is recognised as Host Institute for implementation of the scheme "Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs through Incubator" by the Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India which was approved during the PMAC meeting held on 20/12/2019 at New Delhi. The centre, located at Room No. 205, Second Floor, Homi Jahangir Bhabha Building in the CIT Building, is committed to promote innovations, entrepreneurships and start-ups related activities primarily focussing on the broad objective of employment generation and creating job givers. It provides bright and young innovative mind with working space where they can nurture their start-up ideas and build desired prototypes. Incubation centre of CIT Ranchi is well equipped with various machines and supported by various labs and workshop of the Institute. CIT RISE helps in connecting its incubatees to suitable mentors, other prestigious incubators as well as angel funders and helps them to develop from ideation stage to the level of commercialisation of the idea.
To cater the needs in building a strong ecosystem conducive for the growth of start-up activities at national level in order to drive sustainable economic growth through innovative ideas and entrepreneurship thereby making opportunities for employment generation.
Application For Incubation Support
List of Available Equipments in the Center
List of Events organised in 2019-2020
Internal Hackathon for AICTE-SIH 2020
MoMSME Approval for HI Recognition
MoE's Innovation & Startup Policy 2019
Notice Start-Up Policy of Cambridge Institute of Technology Ranchi_15 June 2021
Startup Policy of Cambridge Institute of Technology Ranchi
More than 3800 sq. ft. space well equipped with furnitures, computers, Innovation Center/Meeting hall, incubatees sitting space along with access to the Institution’s Laboratories, Library and workshops. The centre is dedicated to help the student community and graduate start-ups and help entrepreneurs turn their innovative ideas into startups.
BASIC ACILITIES OFFERED:
CIT-RISE Incubatees could have access to office equipment, including PCs, laptop access points, phones and standard office furniture available inside the Centre.
Firstly, it is very crucial at primarily level to identify which ideas can successfully go through the incubation process. This phase of pre-incubation can prepare aspiring entrepreneurs for the incubation phase by providing them prerequisite knowledge and skills which will assist them to validate and assess their ideas as well as prescribe their business models in detail. In the pre-incubation planning phase, the following activities are to be performed:
I. Identification of problems: The problem should be identified such that it must solve the real life challenges.
II. Idea generation: The idea should be novel, innovative and can be able to solve a real life problem effectively.
III. Collection of Ideas: Students have to submit the ideas in proper format to the authority in online mode. The ideas may be considered to take part in state and national level competitions like smart India Hackathon and National Innovation Contest etc.
IV. Screening of Ideas: Selected applicant will be invited to give presentation to evaluation committee based on their potency of idea they will be shortlisted.
V. Supporting, mentoring and strengthening of ideas: The shortlisted ideas will go through series of workshops, webinars, lecture series etc. In order to improve their ideas to solve problems and know various aspects of start-ups, each idea may be under mentorship of a mentor provided by the Incubation Center from CIT-RISE. The following step may go to the incubation stage.
VI. Business plan preparation: Workshop will be conducted on 'business plan development' for awareness of students by inviting renowned expert from industry or academia. Selected ideas are required to present their business plan with market analysis.
VII. Prototype development: Finally students have to prepare a prototype for their ideas. The prototype may be prepared under direct supervision of mentor assigned.
VIII. Basic Idea Testing: Student idea needs to be tested before applying for incubation. The validated ist of promoters will be required at this stage.
IX. Registration of Start-up: The Student Start-up needs to be registered under a form of business entity like Partnership Firm, LLP, Private Limited Company and such start up must be able to provide a copy of the registration certificate to Cambridge Institute of Technology, Ranchi.
|Sl. No.||Name of Startup Incubated||Area/Title/Details||No. of Employment Generation||Contact Details|
|1.||Electromotion E-Vidyut Vehicles Pvt. Limited||RetroKit(R) converts an autorickshaw running on Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) consuming Petrol or Diesel into Electric Vehicle (EV)||10||https://evidyut.in/|
|2.||Automaton Robotics Pvt. Limited||3D Printers||2||Mob. No. 9852222148|
1. Got recognition as HOST INSTITUTE (HI) for implementation of the scheme” Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSMEs through Incubators” supported by Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India.
2. Winner of AICTE-Smart India Hackathon- 2019 in the Communication Category of Hardware Edition (Team Name- Teletech).
3. Second Runner-up of AICTE-Smart India Hackathon 2018under Smart Vehicle Category of Hardware Edition (Team Name-VIDYUT).
4. Established well-equipped state of the art Incubation Centre “CIT-RISE” in the Institute campus.
5. Two Students got Certificate of Recognition from Department of IT and e-Gov., Gov. of Jharkhand for start-up entitled “AUTOMATED INNOVATIONS” on 3D Printing Technology on 13th August, 2018.
6. Incubated one Start-up called “AUTOMATON ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION PVT. LIMITED”.
7. Incubated one Start-up (Unit) called “ELECTROMOTION E-VIDYUT VEHICLES PRIVATE LIMITED with its registered Head Office as AIC@36INC, 3rd Floor, City Centre Mall, Pandri, Raipur, Chattisgarh-492001.
8. Designed and developed the 3D Printing-Cum-CNC Milling Hybrid Workstation funded by TEQIP-II. The allocated budget for the project was Rs. 2,93,470.00.
9. One faculty member Mr.KailashPatiDutta, Asst. Professor, Dept. of ECE got Certificate of Excellent Mentoring in the KPIT-Sparkle 2019 for the all India level Innovative Idea Contest organised by KPIT Technologies Limited, Pune.
10. Jointly organised one-day workshop on “Start-Up and Innovation” in association with Jharkhand Innovation Lab (JIL), Dept. of IT and e-Gov., Govt. of Jharkhand during 6 February, 2019.
11. Organised BIG-IDEA Challenge-2019 in the Institute campus for the pitching of Ideas and awarding the best Idea during 15 September, 2019.
12. One Student got certificate of appreciation in the YOUTH 4 BUSINESS (Y4Biz) 2018 Finale jointly organised by US Consulate General, American Centre, Kolkata and Dept. of IT and e-Governance, Govt. of Jharkhand for Start-Up Idea called AUTOMATED INNOVATIONS.
13. Two students started their own Start-up as a Pvt. Limited Company called “AUTOMATON ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION PVT. LIMITED” and the same got Certificate of Recognition from the AtalBihari Vajpayee Innovation Lab, Dept. of IT and e-Governance, Govt. of Jharkhand.
14. Seed Funding for design and development of Retrofitting of petrol and diesel auto-rickshaws into electric version. (2nd Runner-up, SIH- 2018 under Smart Vehicle Category of Hardware Edition).
15. Seed Funding for design and development of SMART PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM (Winner SIH-2019 under Communication Category of Hardware Edition).
16. Team VIDYUT along with one faculty member- KP Dutta, Professor In-Charge, Training and placement participated in the National Exhibition in the MHRD’s Annual Innovation Festival organised by MHRD’s Innovation Cell at AICTE Headquarter, New Delhi on 11th September, 2019.
CIT RISE encourages budding entrepreneurs to apply to our incubation centre for incubation. We aim to focus on incubation support to the thrust areas the thrust areas shown above. However, we are open to exploring ideas in other fields and will be happy to evaluate your business plan. At the opening level, applicants for admission in CIT-RISE Incubation Centre will be required to submit Form E (CIT Incubation Application), which may be availed from our office or can be downloaded from our website under Incubation Center. CIT-RISE team will scrutinize the Form E internally.
One can send filled in e-APPLICATION (and business plan) to the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and a cc to Professor In-Charge of the Incubation Center (Dr. KP Dutta) at email@example.com. The Form E is a standard prescribed format/template, however one may send the application for incubation at CIT-RISE in any other format which must cover atleast the following aspects:
Room No. 205, Second Floor
Homi Jahangir Bhabha,
Cambridge Institute of Technology Ranchi
Cambridge Village, Tatisilwai
Ranchi, Jharkhand-835103, India.