To produce globally competent, qualified computer professionals and to promote the sharing of knowledge, enhancement of computing, coding and communication skills among the students, faculty and staff through interactions within the association with professionals Computer Scientists and Institutes in the computing world and thereby inculcating commitment to social responsibilities, academic and professional ethics.
- • To provide quality undergraduate education in both the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and train students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems of 21st century
- • Developing association with world class organizations to strengthen industry-academia relationships
- • To prepare our students for successful careers in the computing professions through flexible programs of study that can be adapted to support individual career goals.
- • Conduct research to advance the state of the art in computer science and integrate research results and innovations into other scientific disciplines.
- • To promote Research and Development in the frontier areas of Computer science and Engineering.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) at Cambridge Institute of Technology was established with the commitment to motivate and nurture young minds for production of excellent manpower to meet the challenges of a dynamic and ever changing industry.
The course is designed to equip the students with the skills, concepts and principles of computing and helps develop an understanding of its application in computing system design, implementation and usage. The department is committed to provide budding technocrats with expert guidance and latest laboratory facilities for their technical upliftment and development of professional traits.
The department aims to produce professionals who can cater to the growing demand of IT professionals. The department is currently running in two shifts with an intake of 180 students.
Elective Courses and internships :
- • Software Development
- • Database administration
- • Web Development
- • Network Administration
- • Software Engineering
- • Database programming
- • System Administration
- • Information Technology
Major research project areas include :
- • Artificial intelligence
- • Cloud Computing
- • Computer graphics and game design
- • Database and data mining
- • Image processing
- • Internet Application
- • Multimedia and programming languages
- • Software engineering
- • Networking, Internet engineering
- • Distributed sensor networks
- • Parallel & Distributed systems
- • Web Based education